Things I am not thankful for-
- A quickly worsening job situation because of horrible office politics which eventually led to my no longer working there.
- This also led to a souring relationship with my stepmother, who was also my boss (bad idea? yeah, I know)
- Increased anxiety, almost to the point of it keeping me from socializing completely
- Long-distance relationship stress dissolving a six-year-long relationship with my boyfriend.
- At least in this case, we communicate in much the same way, so that's a plus.
- Family members having to endure cancer treatments in the past year. They're doing well, but it's terrifying.
In other news, I have a protagonist name for certain now, at least a first name. The protagonist in Unseen will be named Matta, inspired by a nickname an ancestor of mine used. Interestingly enough, her last name was Horn. Matta Horn. No relation to the mountain.
Let's see if I can get people to name their kids Christenia like how Stephanie Meyer got people to name their kids Isabella. Bwahaha.
I may be going power mad before I have the power, but it's a fleeting insanity, I swear.
- Write novel.
- This is my big goal. Number one. I realize I just did bullets instead of numbers, but it's still number one. I have the title, I have theidea. All that's left is the work. I signed up to inkingitout to help kick my butt on that front.
- This is a multi-stage goal. First is the room by room cleaning, deciding what stays and goes, then, hopefully, I will set up anorganizational system to make things less likely to implode.
- Finish cabinet project
- Half-done cabinet refurb project. It got sidelined by the holiday (and let's face it, by other distractions)
- Sort Lego to build more creatively
- Build more creatively.
- Also draw more.
As I was going through my icons, trying to find a gardening one (I have one of Poison Ivy, which is as close as I can be right now), I realized just how many innuendo icons I have. This is not shocking.
In other news, more garden related, like I intended, my garden is beginning to sprout more each day. This is exciting. Every morning after I get up (or afternoon, don't lie to the people, Kelsey), I run out to see what's new. Today? Beans. I have two blooms (two!) on my upside-down tomato. Yes, I got one of those As-seen-on-TV Topsy-Turvy tomato planters. It was on sale, and I'm a curious sort. It works well. I'm all excited about all the vegetables that I'll have in a while.
It's hot as balls, though. According to thefuckingweather.com, it is "84°?! IT'S FUCKING HOT! I just saw a bird panting." It'll get hotter, likely, in July and August, but Indiana weather always does this right before the pools open. It gets hot and very humid. After the pools open, though, the temperature will drop about 15° and it'll rain.
Hey, look. I'm updating and junk. Amazing.